Sunday, November 11, 2012

Why pamper life's complexities, when the leather runs smooth on the passenger seat? - The Smiths

This morning I received a text message from a friend and client asking me how to clean his leather headboard on his king size bed. I normally would not use anything on leather, but his question got me thinking. After lots and lots of experimentation at home, I have found (and many other bloggers agree) on two home made cleaners. First, know what you're cleaning. On dark leather, I have found that a 50:50 ratio of white vinegar and linseed oil works best. For a lighter leather, try using the same ratio but using white vinegar with olive oil. Remember to ALWAYS test a small, discreet area before using all over. With leather especially, spray onto a microfiber cloth and buff into the leather, then wipe away with a clean microfiber cloth.

So why not just go out and buy "leather cleaner?" You've spent a few dollars on fantastic furniture... why would you rub harsh chemicals all over it? Besides, after spending all that money, wouldn't it be nice to save a few dollars? You probably already have the ingredients for a healthy, glowing, clean leather in your pantry. Nothing is better than FREE!

Please feel free to ask me any questions you may have concerning green cleaning. I am also on Facebook here.

No comments:

Post a Comment